Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Old School vs. New School who has the upper hand.


I was just thinking the other day with all the new gear that has come out and all the new gear that will be out it seems like there are a lot more options in how you want to be a DJ.  Now I don't want to sound old but I may in a second but I know when I was getting started there were a few choices of turntables but you really only went for the Techs.  You had a selection of two channel mixers, a few three channel and four channel.  I remember when Pioneer came out with the efx 500 it was like whoa you can have effects now too.  See told you I was gonna sound old.  But now there are not only cd turntables but you have media players, midi controllers, midi mixers, multiple DVS platforms, and so much more.  Now being a gear whore I have managed to keep up with all of this, but for the djs who haven't or just simply didn't think that any of this "new dj stuff" would actually contend if not beat your standard setup will they fall behind.  My guess is yes but the real question is do people getting into djing now have an advantage compared to people who have been using the same old setup they got 15 or 20 years ago?  I would love to hear some feed back on this just because there are so many people who may fall behind just based on ignorance to the constantly changing game we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment